Support for management companies
Even if the leaseholders in a block of flats or of houses on an estate do not own the freehold, there may be a management company which looks after the management of the estate for the benefit of the leaseholders.Being the director of a management company comes with serious responsibilities. It’s up to you, for example, to ensure that the company is properly administered in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act.
- dealing with the appointment and resignation of directors and company secretaries
- filing annual returns and statutory documents on time
- convening board and annual general meetings
- serving notices
- preparing and issuing share certificates
- the assignment of leases
- dealing with deeds of covenant from purchasing leaseholders
We advise hundreds of management companies on meeting their statutory obligations, taking on some or all of the administration.
For more information on company secretarial services and to start a conversation on how we can help you please contact Jane Struthers, Paralegal, Property Services.