How we do it
In the course of our litigation we have gained extensive experience in investigating and reporting on allegations relating to directors’ conduct including, but not limited to, fraud and misfeassance actions.
Our expertise includes:
- acting on behalf of a defendant in proceedings brought by a liquidator under the Companies Act 2006 and the Insolvency Act 1986 seeking repayment of alleged unlawful dividends
- defending a director accused of misfeasance for allegedly causing the company to pay over £1m to its parent by way of illegal dividends.
- acting for a director in respect of unlawful financial assistance in using company monies to pay for shares when he took over the company.
- defending director accused of fraudulent trading in that the business of the company was knowingly carried on by the Defendant with the intention of defrauding creditors and in particular HM Customs and Excise as well as a claim for a transaction at undervalue where the Defendant was accused of transferring the goodwill of the company to a partnership for no consideration.
- defending a director in proceedings brought by the Liquidator for wrongful trading.